It’s been over 2 yrs since Rough Rock Overseas called dibs on Rockford as a home that is future their hotel, casino, and entertainment venue. Finally, after a delay that is long state officials have actually finally offered the “go-ahead” into the look for a gaming permit.
Though this isn’t 100% emerge rock yet, the Illinois Gaming Board voted complex Rock Casino Rockford is “suitable” for a gaming permit. Exactly what performs this mean? This means it is time to clear the snowfall off the Clock that is former Tower property and get ready to break ground on something that is guaranteed to put Rockford on the map the way it deserves. This decision that is preliminary Giovanni’s Restaurant and Convention Center can start become changed into complex Rock Casino‘s short-term location, based on MyStateline.
Here may be the flooring arrange for the short-term casino:
Today’s vote is a substantial part of the certification procedure, clearing just how for the investors to set up funding, purchase gambling devices and commence construction.
Since this technique started 2 yrs ago, let us revisit what’s in the future at I-90 and E. State Street in Rockford.
Here’s may be the look that is current of land, minus the snow:
Here is a look at the future exterior:
Here’s a closer looks at the giant Hard Rock guitar, which is a massive replica of one of Rick Nielsen’s guitars
Let’s peek inside:
Here is a detailed rundown of specifics:
Rock River West Casino Group [WATCH]
– 60,000 sq. ft. facility
– 1,000 slots, 200 table seats (could grow up to 2,000 – depending on demand)
– Letter of intent signed Rock and Brews
– Invest in downtown including: UW Sports Factory, White – Water Rafting, and Colman Village
– Build Rockford Aquarium with a target opening date of 2024
– Redevelop a warehouse on South Main Street into a boutique hotel (expected opening date 2024). Would include an indoor/outdoor food that is locally sourced, a bowling alley, club, and bocce
JB Love is ½ of Q98.5’s Lil Zim & JB In The Morning, weekday mornings from 5:00 a.m. to 10 a.m. Follow him on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.