AFC South foes meet when the Indianapolis Colts (10-5) host the Jacksonville Jaguars (1-14) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 Lucas Oil Stadium. Indianapolis is favored by . The game has a point total of .
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 28, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Colts vs. Jaguars Odds
|Colts (-14.5)||Over (49.5)||Colts 36 Jaguars 15|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Colts Betting Insights
- Indianapolis is just 3-4 against the spread in home games this year, and is 5-2 overall at home.
- Indianapolis is 8-7 against the spread.
- Indianapolis’ games have hit the over in nine out of 15 opportunities this season (60%).
- The Colts average points scored this season (28.2) and the Jaguars points allowed (30.9) are within 2.7 points of each other.
- In games where Indianapolis score at least 28.2 points this season, they are 6-0 overall and 5-1 against the spread.
- Jacksonville is 1-6 overall and 5-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 30.9 points.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Jaguars Betting Insights
- Jacksonville’s games have hit the over in eight out of 15 opportunities this season (53.3%).
- Jacksonville has compiled a losing 6-9 record against the spread this season.
- The Jaguars have averaged 3.7 fewer points per game this season (19.5) than the Colts have allowed (23.2).
- Jacksonville is 1-7 overall and 6-2 against the spread when they score at least 19.5 points this season.
- When Indianapolis allows opposing offenses to put 23.2 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 7-0 overall and 6-1 against the spread.
- Jacksonville is just 3-4 against the spread in away games this year, and is 0-7 overall on the road.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Colts||28.2 (9)||23.2 (12)||51.4|
|Jaguars||19.5 (29)||30.9 (31)||50.4|
Colts Players to Watch
- Philip Rivers has thrown for 4,005 yards while completing 68.3% of his passes (353-of-517), with 23 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 15 games this year (267.0 yards per game).
- Jonathan Taylor has rushed for a team-leading 916 yards on 202 attempts (61.1 yards per game) while scoring nine touchdowns in 15 games. He also averages 19.9 receiving yards per game, grabbing 35 passes for 298 yards and one touchdown.
- Nyheim Hines has 363 yards on 87 carries (24.2 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns over the course of 15 games. He also has 58 catches for 432 yards (28.8 ypg) and four touchdowns.
- T.Y. Hilton has hauled in 53 passes to lead the team with 735 yards with four touchdowns. He has been targeted 86 times and averages 52.5 yards per game over 14 outings.
- Zach Pascal’s statline this year shows 42 grabs for 588 yards and five touchdowns over the course of 15 games. He puts up 39.2 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 67 times.
- Over 12 games in 2020, Michael Pittman Jr. has caught 38 passes on 58 targets for 475 yards and one touchdown, averaging 39.6 receiving yards per game.
- Justin Houston has notched a team-leading 7.5 sacks, while adding 8.0 TFL and 23 tackles over 15 games.
- In 13 games over the 2020 campaign, Darius Leonard has collected 119 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and two sacks and leads the team in tackles.
- Kenny Moore II has a team-high four interceptions and has tacked on 71 tackles, 3.0 TFL, one sack, and 12 passes defended 15 in games this season.
Jaguars Players to Watch
- This year, Gardner Minshew has racked up 2,259 passing yards (251.0 yards per game) while going 216-for-327 (66.1% completion percentage) and throwing 16 touchdowns and five interceptions in nine games. He has added 153 rushing yards on 29 carries with one touchdown, averaging 17.0 yards per game.
- James Robinson has churned out a team-high 1,070 rushing yards (76.4 yards per game) and scored seven touchdowns in 14 games. He has tacked on 49 catches for 344 yards (24.6 receiving yards per game) with three receiving touchdowns.
- This season, D.J. Chark has 53 catches (on 94 targets) to lead the team with 706 yards (54.3 per game) with five touchdowns in 13 games.
- Keelan Cole’s statline this year shows 52 catches for 619 yards and five touchdowns over 15 games. He averages 41.3 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 79 times.
- Laviska Shenault Jr. has racked up 532 yards on 52 passes with three touchdowns in 2020, averaging 40.9 yards per game on 70 targets in 13 contests.
- Dawuane Smoot has notched a team-leading 5.5 sacks, while adding 5.0 TFL and 23 tackles over 15 games.
- In 15 games over the course of his 2020 campaign, Joe Schobert has 132 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 2.5 sacks, and three interceptions, and leads the team in both interceptions and tackles.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from