The Detroit Lions (5-9) are underdogs heading into their matchup on Saturday, December 26, 2020 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9-5). The point total is set at for the contest.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 21, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Buccaneers vs. Lions Odds
|Buccaneers (-9.0)||Under (53.5)||Buccaneers 32 Lions 22|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Buccaneers Betting Insights
- Most of Tampa Bay’s games this year — eight out of 14 — have hit the over (57.1%).
- Tampa Bay is just 3-4 against the spread in away games this year, and is 5-2 overall on the road.
- Tampa Bay has put together a 7-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Buccaneers are just 0-1 ATS when playing as at least 9.0-point favorites.
- The Buccaneers average points scored this season (28.6) and the Lions points allowed (31.1) are within 2.5 points of each other.
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Tampa Bay is 6-0 and 4-2 against the spread.
- When the Detroit defense allows 31.1 points or fewer this year, the Lions have put together a 5-3 overall record and a 5-2 record against the spread.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Lions Betting Insights
- Detroit’s games have hit the over in nine out of 13 outings this season (69.2%).
- Detroit has a losing 5-8 record against the spread.
- Detroit is just 1-4 against the spread in home games this year, and is 1-5 overall at home.
- The Buccaneers defense has allowed 22.9 points per game this season, about the same amount as the 23.9 the Lions have scored.
- Detroit is 4-4 overall and 4-3 against the spread when they score at least 23.9 points this season.
- Tampa Bay is 5-1 overall and 5-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 22.9 points.
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||Def. Points per Game (Rank)||Average Total|
|Buccaneers||28.6 (7)||22.9 (12)||51.6|
|Lions||23.9 (19)||31.1 (32)||55|
Buccaneers Players to Watch
- Tom Brady leads the team with 3,886 passing yards (277.6 yards per game) and has a 65.1% completion percentage this year (353-of-542) while throwing 32 touchdowns and 11 interceptions in 14 games.
- Leonard Fournette has taken 83 attempts for a team-leading 320 rushing yards (29.1 yards per game) while scoring five touchdowns in 11 games. He’s also caught 31 passes for 187 yards (17.0 receiving yards per game).
- In eight games in 2020, Ke’Shawn Vaughn has rushed for 47 yards on 11 carries (5.9 ypg), with zero rushing touchdowns.
- This season, Mike Evans has 57 catches (on 93 targets) to lead the team with 779 yards (55.6 per game) with 11 touchdowns in 14 games.
- Chris Godwin’s statline this year shows 55 grabs for 623 yards and four touchdowns in 10 games. He puts up 62.3 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 68 times.
- Over 14 games in 2020, Rob Gronkowski has caught 41 passes on 71 targets for 536 yards and five touchdowns, averaging 38.3 receiving yards per game.
- Jason Pierre-Paul has 9.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 6.0 TFL, 50 tackles, and two interceptions over 14 games.
- Devin White has collected 130 tackles, 13.0 TFL, and eight sacks to lead the team in tackles so far in 14 games over the 2020 campaign.
- Carlton Davis has intercepted four passes to lead the team while adding 68 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 18 passes defended 14 over games.
Lions Players to Watch
- Matthew Stafford has thrown for 3,774 yards while completing 64.2% of his passes (317-of-494), with 23 touchdowns and nine interceptions in 14 games this year (269.6 yards per game).
- Adrian Peterson has picked up a team-high 531 rushing yards (37.9 yards per game) and scored six touchdowns in 14 games.
- D’Andre Swift has 422 yards on 92 carries (38.4 ypg), with seven rushing touchdowns over the course of 11 games. He also has 39 catches for 316 yards (28.7 ypg) and two touchdowns.
- This season, Marvin Jones Jr. has 65 catches (on 101 targets) to lead the team with 779 yards (55.6 per game) with seven touchdowns in 14 games.
- T.J. Hockenson has contributed with 60 catches for 675 yards and six touchdowns in 14 games this year. He has been targeted 92 times and puts up 48.2 receiving yards per game.
- Danny Amendola has racked up 559 yards on 40 passes with zero touchdowns in 2020, averaging 46.6 yards per game on 60 targets in 12 contests.
- Romeo Okwara has 8.0 sacks to lead the team, and has also added 10.0 TFL and 41 tackles over 14 games.
- In 14 games over the course of the 2020 campaign, Jamie Collins Sr. has racked up 102 tackles, 6.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception and leads the team in tackles.
- This season, Duron Harmon leads the team with two interceptions and has added 55 tackles and four passes defended 14 in games.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from